CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Days 13, 14, 15, and 16 - Preparation

Next week all of us at governor's school get to teach a lesson every day for an hour and twenty minutes to a class of kids in a UTC camp program called Youth University. I have mentioned this before, but now I feel the clock ticking. As said before, I get to teach fifth and sixth graders about knights, castles, and basically the middle ages. A lot of preparation and planning has gone into these lesson plans. Our plans have to last the whole time, there has to be activities, and they have to learn through it all. We also have to come up with different ways to teach them because kids all have different learning styles. I think I will feel a lot better when my group and I have all of our plans ready and finalized. We also have to have good classroom management and be able to keep their attention. Teaching is not the easiest job in the world. I did know that before, but it is one thing to know it with your head and actually experience it yourself. I still have not decided for sure whether or not I want to be a teacher, but I am hoping that by the end of this experience I will know for sure if teaching is the profession God has for me.

As for all of the things we have done this week...
We have mostly done work and just socialized with each other. We did, however, have a water fight last night, and we have a surprise for us tonight. We also went to an art museum today and had to create a skit and discussion/topic on a painting. I have really been challenged to come up with different ways to teach and to come up with different topics from things I never would have thought of before.

I have to go now, but will continue to keep you posted, even if it takes me a few extra days than when I first started out.

2 comments:

Jesus Loves Abi

Annie, We really miss you and I have figured out how to let my friends see what i've been up to. So I created a Blog Here is the address www.godhasplansforme.blogspot.com. Since I can't have a facebook, i can have a blog! See you later.
Abi

Annie Banannie

I miss you too, sweetie! And I just signed up to follow your blog. See ya later alligator :)

Post a Comment