CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 1 - It's Finally Here

For those who do not know which governor’s school I am at, I am attending one for prospective teachers. Yesterday was my first day of governor’s school. It was a day of mixed emotions: excitement, fear, joy, nervousness, and a sense of the unknown. So I don’t bore you with too many details, I will try to be brief. In reality, we did not do too much. There were lots of orientations and the setting up of classes and such. We then had the afternoon to relax and get to know people better. Another thing we did was we drew topics out of a bag at random so we can teach it to a group of kids in a couple of weeks. I drew “Knights and Castles,” which is to be taught to fifth and sixth graders. I am looking forward to being able to teach these kids, plan activities, and learn more about what goes into planning a lesson. We also had quite a bit of free time to get to know our roommates and the campus. They are such wonderful girls. Last night we even played volleyball. For those of you who know me, and even those of you who do not, I am not really an athletic person. Thus is the reason I am thinking of pursuing a career in education. However, while we were playing, one girl made the comment that it felt like we have known each other for ten years. I could not agree with her more. It was a lot of fun, and hopefully I will get a lot more practice in and be able to show you my new acquired skills when I return home.

2 comments:

Anonymous

So glad you're enjoying your new friends already! I had to laugh at the thought of you playing volleyball though. I just keep picturing you whacking the volleyball into the house next door to the Brileys.

Annie Banannie

Oh, I had some funny moments with my aim here, too! :)

Post a Comment