CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 6 - Sunday Services

Since I am a couple hours away from home, I did not have a chance to go to my home church. I had the opportunity to try and find a different church for my four weeks here. Because I grew up in church, I have always been in a church that my family and I both liked and claimed as our home church. I have not really had the chance to visit other churches too often. However, today I attended a church just down the road from campus. A group of us went together, and it was good. It felt a little out of place to be in a different church, but it was kind of cool, as well. The Pastor talked seriously and joked around some, the worship was contemporary, and the atmosphere pretty nice. All in all, it was a good experience.

After church, I chilled some and then started making some lesson plans. My first ones only have to be for one subject, one day, and one hour and twenty minutes. That is not long at all, but yet it has some challenges. I have to make sure it fills up that time period. It has to be fun and exciting. The kids have to learn a lot from it. There are still so many other requirements that it has to meet. This can be a very daunting task. However, I enjoy it much more than the other project we have to do...

The other project we have been working on is a PowerPoint of a part of the philosophies of education. I have the topic of behaviorism. My group and I got so much accomplished today, but still have to work some kinks out. I cannot wait until this project is over.

Overall, governor's school is still a lot of fun. I believe I mentioned this earlier, but it feels like we have known each other for most of our life. I love this feeling of family and community. Our counselors are also pretty cool. We have four counselors total, two girls and two boys. We have now also labeled them as parts of "our family." We have the "mom," the "dad," the "two-year old," and the "aunt." What fun this experience has been so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment