CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jeremiah 29:11

Do you have those verses that you've heard your entire life that you know are important, but because you've heard them so much from everyone you don't always realize the significance of them in your life? Well that's how it is with me and Jeremiah 29:11...

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Since I have grown up in church and because I became a Christian when I was five years old, I have pretty much always know that God has a plan for me. Even in hard circumstances, or even in times that are filled with many blessings, I have known that God has a plan for my life.

This past weekend, however, is when I looked at that verse a little differently in my life. I went on this junior/senior getaway with my church youth group to a local college so we could hear many different perspectives on college life. The weekend wasn't for us to learn about all the academic aspects of college life, but rather how to stay firm in our Faith. We heard from a college minister on the college campus, my own youth pastor, and a group of college kids.

The place that we stayed at was actually in a building where Christians who attend that college meet and hang out and have bible studies and stuff like that. The place looked really cool, and on one wall the verse Jeremiah 29:11 was written. Especially being on a college campus talking about college, I really thought about how much God does have a plan for my life. At this time in my life that's really comforting because while I'm still only a junior, my senior year is almost here. I'm really starting to have to think about where I want to go to college and what I really want my major to be in. For me, a person who enjoys planning things in advance and knowing exactly what I'm doing, it's hard when I don't know these things for sure. But there is one thing I am certain of...GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ME AND FOR YOU!

So while there are still so many things I don't know, I just need to trust God that He knows exactly what He's doing with my life and that He will let me know in His perfect time where He wants me to go to college, what major He has in mind for me, and all of those other important things in life (whether big or small).

Annie ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment